1. Who we are
data as follows.
This website is operated by Kaur Values Associates Ltd (“Kaur Values”, “we” or “us”), a UK limited company.
2. Who to contact for privacy questions or concerns
You may contact the UK Information Commissioners Office at www.ico.org.uk to report concerns you may have about our data handling practices.
3. How we may collect personal data
i) Directly – We obtain personal data directly from individuals in a variety of ways, including obtaining personal data from individuals who contact us offline and online, provide us with their business card, complete our online enquiry form, register for our online events including webinars, register and attend events we organise or co-organise. We may also obtain personal data directly where we are establishing a business relationship, providing professional services through a contract or through hosted software applications or responding to a query.
ii) Indirectly – If you register or login to our website, and/or use social media (e.g., LinkedIn,
Facebook, Instagram, Google, or Twitter) to authenticate your identity and/or connect your social media information with us, and/or voluntarily participate in surveys we conduct for research purposes, then we will collect information or content that you permitted your social media provider to share with us. This information may include your name and email address and depending on your privacy settings, additional details about you which may include location data and communication data. Please review the privacy controls on the applicable service to set how much information you want to share with us.
4. Categories of personal data we collect
Our list of personal data we commonly collect to conduct our business activities are your contact details e.g. name, company name, job title, contact telephone numbers (work and mobile), contact email, and postal address.
We typically do not collect sensitive or special categories of personal data about individuals. When we do need to process sensitive personal data it is with the consent of the individual unless it is obtained indirectly for legitimate purposes.
Examples of sensitive personal data we may obtain includes:
– Dietary requirements when attending our events that revealed religious beliefs or physical health.
– Personal identification documents that may reveal race or ethnic origin
– Diversity and equal opportunity information volunteered by participants in certain empowerment and leadership programs.
– Location when arranging events and meetings near you
We store personal data on servers located in the European Economic Area.
5. Why we need personal data and lawful reasons we have for processing personal data
We aspire to be transparent when we collect and use personal data and tell you why we need it, which typically includes:
• Promoting our services products and capabilities to existing and prospective business clients.
• Personalised online landing pages and communications we think would be of interest based on interactions with us.
• Notifying you on changes made to how we administer, maintain and ensure the security of our information systems, applications and websites.
• Processing online requests including responding to communications from individuals for proposals and quotations.
• Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us.
• Seeking customer feedback.
We may occasionally share personal data with trusted third parties to help us deliver efficient and quality services. These include parties that support us to provide our services eg IT system support and cloud based software services, payment services providers and marketing services providers.
When we use a third party service provider, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service.
We may rely on the following lawful reasons when we collect and use personal data to operate our business and provide our products and services:
• Contract – We may process personal data in order to perform our contractual obligations.
• Consent – We may rely on your freely given consent at the time you provided your personal data to us.
• Legitimate interests – We may rely on legitimate interests based on our evaluation that the processing is fair, reasonable and balanced. These include:
• Delivering services to our clients – To deliver the professional services our clients
have engaged us to provide.
• Direct marketing – To deliver timely market insights, news about us, our events and speciality knowledge we believe is welcomed by our business clients, subscribers and individuals who have interacted with us.
7. Your data protection rights
You can ask us to verify whether we are processing personal data about you, and if so, to provide more specific information. You can ask us to correct our records if you believe they contain incomplete or incorrect information about you. You can ask us to erase (delete) your personal data after you withdraw your consent to processing
or when we no longer need it for the purpose it was originally collected. You can ask us not to use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling.
You can withdraw your consent that you have previously given to one or more specified purposes to process your personal data. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. It may mean we are not able to provide certain products or services to you and we will advise you if this is the case.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and insure your right to access the information or to exercise any of your other rights. This helps us to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. No fee is required to make a request unless your request is clearly unfounded or excessive. Depending on the circumstances, we may be unable to comply with your request based on other unlawful grounds.
8. About your personal data security
We aim to ensure that access to your personal data is limited only to those who need go access it. Please be aware that the transmission of data via the Internet is not completely secure. Whilst we do our best to try to protect the security of your personal data, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
9. How long we retain personal data
We retain personal data to provide our services, stay in contact with you and to comply with applicable laws, regulations and professional obligations that we are subject to. Unless a different time frame applies as a result of business need or specific contractual requirement, where we retain personal data in accordance with these uses. We retain personal data for seven years. We will dispose of personal data in a secure manner when we no longer need it.
10. Links to other websites
Whilst we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other sites. We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked websites. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
11. Social Media Channels
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website, and we as the website owners, participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to social media platforms. Users are advised before using such social sharing button that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.